Community of Indian Travellers

Developed and Maintained by Passionate Travellers. Join us today and share your experiences with our community.

Includes European Countries, Russia and the United Kingdom (Ireland, Scotland & England)
By ruogu1234
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Time will tell whether Anthony Goses two-RBI night in Fridays 5-4 loss to the Rays sets the tone for his latest recall. What is clear is that Gose needed something good to happen almost immediately upon his return to the big leagues. He had a good night: an RBI single in the sixth and an RBI fielders choice in the eighth, which pulled the Blue Jays into a 4-4 tie. "Did a great job, he really did," said manager John Gibbons. "The big hit up the middle, two out hit, then a great job battling to plate that tying run. He really looked good." Before the game, Gose had much a much simpler goal. "Hit the ball," he said. "Specifically, hit the ball." If the comment seems strange, heres the context: Gose has had a tough year at Triple-A Buffalo, at his worst struggling to make contact. His 121 strikeouts in 443 plate appearances for the Bisons put his strikeout rate at 27.3-percent. Gose has a tendency to whiff but this season, being so close yet feeling so far from Toronto, its worn him down. "When I hit the ball, good things happen," he said. "When I dont, Im just a minor league player." Gose appeared in 13 games during his first recall this season, while Rajai Davis was on the disabled list from May 20 to June 5, putting together a .304/.385/.391 slash line. The sample size was small, just 26 plate appearances (23 at bats,) but it left something off of which to build when he returned to Triple-A. Except he struggled and murmurs of an attitude problem began trickling out of Buffalo. Word was Gose believed he should be a big leaguer even though the Blue Jays had a glut of outfielders. He admits to being frustrated but insists he was misinterpreted. "Its just when I went down I just stopped hitting the ball again and got frustrated," said Gose. "There were a lot of things that I could control that I wasnt controlling as far as maybe attitude and some things like that. It wasnt so much because I was sent down. It was more just when you go down there and strike out three times a game for four or five games in a row youre not going to be happy. I dont think anybody would." DELABAR DROPS BY Injured reliever Steve Delabar, on the disabled list with inflammation in his pitching shoulder, stopped by Tropicana Field on Friday afternoon to visit with teammates. Hes rehabbing at the Blue Jays facility in nearby Dunedin. While eligible to return on Sunday, itll be a while still before Delabar is able to pitch. Hes just started playing catch. Delabar says the soreness in his shoulder began shortly after the All-Star break and initially he pitched through the pain. "For me, I was competing and getting guys out," said Delabar. "So from my side it was like, how am I going to say Im not feeling good if things are all working. So Im still getting everybody out, or most of the guys out, and competing and being able to get myself ready so I was able to work through the soreness I had. It continued, with the work that we were getting and the progression that we were having so I couldnt get it out of there." Delabar was a first time all star this season. He has a 2.90 ERA and has struck out 75 hitters in 49 2/3 innings. He says he intends to pitch again this season. BIG START FOR REDMOND A native of St. Petersburg, Todd Redmond is looking forward to Sunday, when hell make his first career start against his hometown team. "Coming back home to pitch is always nice," said Redmond. "Growing up here watching the Devil Rays slash Rays play. Its nice coming back here and having a chance to pitch against them in front of my home crowd." Sundays game will be a family affair. Redmonds fiancée, his parents and two brothers with their families will be among those in attendance. Redmond attended a number of games at Tropicana Field when he was younger. He says he was "one of those kids" who would ask for shattered bats and other souvenirs during batting practice. He counts bats from Darryl Strawberry and Jose Canseco among his best hauls. HAPP RETURNS J.A. Happ has been activated from the bereavement list and will make Saturdays start against the Rays. Happ pitched seven innings of one run ball in a 5-1 loss to Oakland on Monday and then took leave to attend his grandfathers funeral. When he takes the ball, Happ will mark his first time pitching at Tropicana Field since he was hit in the head by a line drive off the bat of the Rays Desmond Jennings on May 7. It will be Happs third start since returning from injuries suffered in the incident. MUNES A DAD As the Blue Jays welcomed back Happ, the club placed second baseman Munenori Kawasaki on the paternity list. Kawasaki, 32, stayed in Toronto witness the birth of his first child, a boy born on Friday evening. The paternity list offers a 1-3 day window for a player to be away from his club. Manager John Gibbons suggested the most likely scenario would have Kawasaki rejoin the team in New York following Mondays off day. Word is mom and Mini Mune (in the absence of the babys actual name, itll do!) are doing well. Ken Panfil Jersey Store . In fact, with a few improvements, this could very well be a decent team over the next few seasons. I will go into more detail when digging into the Canucks Off-Season Game Plan, which will be coming earlier this year since they are part of the non-playoff contingent, there are some reasons to think this is a favourable situation for President of Hockey Operations Trevor Linden and whomever he selects to be the new general manager. Peter Shorts Jersey Store . Never caused problems. Never raised a ruckus. Never got sick or hurt while frolicking in the fields of Claiborne Farm in Paris, Ky. https://www.chinacheapjerseys.net/lamonte-hunley-jersey-store/ . - Leon Draisaitl scored a hat trick as the Prince Albert Raiders stormed past the Swift Current Broncos 5-2 in Western Hockey League action Tuesday. Paul Martha Jersey Store . Team officials did not indicate the extent of the injury Saturday, simply listing Rose with "left knee soreness." Rose has played two preseason games without any sign of problems. The first NBA game in South America now will be missing its biggest star. Bobo Wilson Jersey Store .Y. - The NFL has fined Seahawks running back Marshawn Lynch $20,000 for making an obscene gesture during last Sundays NFC championship game, a person with knowledge of the fine told The Associated Press on Thursday.The buzz in Toronto last weekend surrounded UFC 165 on Saturday night, but earlier in the day the promotion opened up their hearts for the "Rally for Kids with Cancer" charity event downtown in the city. Participating in this event on behalf of the UFC was none other than Canadian lightweight T.J. Grant (21-5). I had a chance to catch up with the Cole Harbour native to discuss a variety of topics including his health, the UFC lightweight division and TUF Nations: Canada vs. Australia. "(The UFC) does a great job of helping us give back and setup charitable functions every time theyre in new Canadian cities – for me to be able to come here and do this, its pretty awesome." Grant told TSN.ca "Im happy to have the opportunity to come here and to have UFC choose me -- Cancer has touched me, its touched everybody, its an awesome cause and Im just fortunate to do (Rally For Kids With Cancer)." While Grant was in good spirits, last week he broke the unfortunate news that hes still not ready to compete inside the octagon. Back in July, the 29-year old suffered a concussion while practicing Brazilian jiu-jitsu in training and is still feeling the effects. "Its getting better I mean every day Im making progress -- I really feel like Im going to be back very soon." Grant earned a lightweight title shot back in May, as he made short work of former title challenger Gray Maynard at UFC 160. The concussion kept him out of action for that championship match at UFC 164 and now will be absent versus newly crowned champion Anthony Pettis at UFC on FOX 9. "Its just hard to commit, I know the (title fight) was three months away but theres still that unknown. I didnt want to make a bad decision for the long term so it doesnt hurt to wait it out." One of the topics of discussion has been if Grant will lose his title shot due to being inactive. "I dont feel like I have to reprove myself. You can never predict whats going to happen with the title. Who really knows? Im just taking it one step at a time and getting healthy." ;Being from Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia, we had to discuss if he knew Sidney Crosby, who ironically also suffered a concussion that kept him out of most of the 2011 NHL season.dddddddddddd "Hes younger than me; I have some friends that were friends with him. I never really met him or anything. Hes a great guy from what I hear, Im happy for his success." "I know the dangers of repeated concussions. I just want to heal man, thats all Im trying to do." Replacing Grant in that title fight against Anthony Pettis in December is Josh Thomson, who most recently became the first man to finish TUF 5 champion Nate Diaz inside the octagon at UFC on FOX 7. "I think that hes probably the guy I would have picked just because of where hes ranked in the division -- Hes a great fighter, I think that those two guys are going to have a good scrap." The UFCs decision to pick Thomson in that title fight has sparked much debate, but Grant believes fighters who finish their opponents dictate title shots. "If youre fighting boring fights and youre barely winning, holding guys against the fence, (UFC) is going to do everything in their power to not give them a title shot. Unless you beat absolutely everyone." "I (finish fights) because for me, thats the only way to do it. Youve got to go in there and impose your will, the best defence is a good offence and thats just the way I am." In addition this weekend, the tryouts for TUF Nations: Canada vs. Australia took place at the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel in downtown Toronto. Grant sees this as a great platform to showcase many up and coming Canadian fighters. "There are so many talented fighters from Canada; theyre going to have an opportunity to really jump start their career with The Ultimate Fighter." "It kind of opens the door; you get thrust on such a big spotlight. Im happy that its happening its great that they are having a Canadian team and Canada will be represented well. They have a lot of talent." Support TJ by following him on Twitter (@TJ_Grant) ' ' '